View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 01:53 PM   #75
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
You mentioned Radium Halos (A novel about the Radium Dial Painters), by Shelley Stout, so I thought I'd post this link for anyone interested in the book: "Using Historical Fiction in the Classroom".

The beginning of the author's blog post:

What initially began as an offer to donate copies of my novel to area high schools, has now become an opportunity to share my story with thousands and potentially millions of young people across the country.

I'm so happy that the author has this incredible opportunity to share the book with such a wide audience. It's a story that needed to be told, the book is an enjoyable read, and students will find the subject interesting and relevant.
It is interesting you mention that. I had a history prof. who assigned The Devil in Velvet by John Dickson Carr in his Stuart England class and The Daughter of Time by Joesphine Tey in his Tudor class. Incidentally, I would give both books 5 stars , though I haven't read them in years and lost my copy of Devil in Velvet.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote