View Single Post
Old 09-11-2005, 06:07 PM   #10
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by surur
I certainly miss simple things like cover art. Why not include it if it has already been done for the hardcopy?
I've seen that with Plucker version eBooks, for example. But let's say that you have a nice PDA with a 640x480 screen. That cover art picture takes up 71K. The rest of the eBook is probably 2 times that. So 1/3 of the size of an eBook is just the one page cover-art.

Even with our current technology, a picture isn't worth a 1000 words. It's worth somewhere around 17,000 words. (Yes, a play on words where a computer "word" = 32 bits - at least on my machine.)

Right now, the only useful type of eBook reader that I've seen is the PDA. And with the memory restrictions on such a device, having 1/3 of your memory taken up by just a 1 page art work really isn't worth it, IMHO.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote