View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 11:40 AM   #1
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Webster, Noah: Dictionary - A, v.1, 5 Oct 2008

This is a portion of Webster's 1913 Revised Unabridged Dictionary for words beginning with the letter A. I've done this at the request of those who want to see a dictionary for the Sony Readers although there is no mechanism on the current models (PRS-500 and -505) to do words searches. Words will have to be found by selecting the first two letters from the table of contents and then manually paging from there. Remember that on both of these devices you can advance or reverse ten pages at a time by holding down the page button for two or three seconds. On the 505, you may also find it useful to guess the page number for a word between two known words.

I would consider converting the rest of the dictionary into separate LRF files for each beginning letter but I want to hear back from people who have actually tried this one first and can convince me that this is indeed a useful reference for them and isn't unwieldly. Nrapallo may also be working on converting this dictionary into a single, large LRF file.

Have fun and remember that the words and definitions are a hundred years out of date!
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Dictionary - A.lrf (815.4 KB, 715 views)
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote