View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 06:56 AM   #86
Rtturvwsxmavpduc
Rtturvwsxmavpduc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rtturvwsxmavpduc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rtturvwsxmavpduc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rtturvwsxmavpduc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rtturvwsxmavpduc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rtturvwsxmavpduc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rtturvwsxmavpduc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rtturvwsxmavpduc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rtturvwsxmavpduc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rtturvwsxmavpduc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rtturvwsxmavpduc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
I started around then, too -- I can recall packing dozens of cassettes to take on vacation!
I'd routinely place all the listened-to cassette sets in big boxes. When the container was full, I'd stop by the library and share the treasure. That mutually rewarding courtesy continued for years and years; evolving to include CD sets.

Now, of course, with digital downloads, it's illegal for me to donate and for the library to accept. Ridiculous!

I never asked for a tax write-off then nor would I expect anything in return now. I am truly dismayed at the publishers draconian position. With 800+ purchased audiobooks (and a very rapidly growing ebook collection) I'd love to be able to legally provide my concluded material to the local library so others might enjoy. Since community and state budgets no longer have a surplus of money to stock libraries, the laws should allow private citizens to step up.

I'm more than happy to have Amazon or Audible remove those books from my account when I drop them off at the library. Not that such a silly move would would actually hinder anyone who wanted to retain a copy.
Rtturvwsxmavpduc is offline   Reply With Quote