View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
Wait, you call her followers lemmings, but you watched a movie because of her?
An Oprah lemming is one that reads everything Oprah recommends. They don;t bother to read about it to figure out if it is something that the lemming may or may not like.

Quote:
I don't mind at all if a few mostly-decent books get a bit of extra promotion. Where's the crime? Oprah's not a factor here in the UK, but we do/did have a direct equivalent in Richard & Judy. (Heh, just looked it up, and the TV show ended in 2009. I'm so in touch.)
I don't mind when good books get attention. But No Country for Old Men is an example of a book that Oprah should never have pushed.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote