Thread: Audiobooks?
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 04:47 AM   #48
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Thanks everyone!! I ordered a Sansa Clip last night, and checked out 3 audiobooks--made sure they were all MP3.
With the Clip or Clip+, in order to get the resume function (play starts where you left off listening), the audiobook parts must be either loaded under directory "Podcasts" (OverDrive by default loads them under Music) or all tagged as genre "Podcast" (singular). If you load via the OverDrive "Transfer" button, you have a chance to alter the destination directory from \Music to \Podcasts, either by editing the destination directly or clicking on "Advanced Options" and selecting the Podcasts directory.

The Clip supports protected WMA. You could have selected WMA, as OverDrive audiobooks don't expire on the player. WMA audiobooks take up half the space.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote