View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 02:39 AM   #34
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by corroonb View Post
If you are not a believer, you might be better thinking of them as "cultural" and reading your child stories from different cultures (folk-tales, fables, fairy-tales, myths etc.) to provide a broader worldview.
I'd pretty much come to that conclusion. Christianity has lots of stories that Jesus told, or about Jesus. I'd sort of assumed that Islam (for example) had similar stories by and about Muhammad, but it seems that I was wrong. I'll be looking out for some of the stories recommended in this thread, and more generally, for folk tales and the like from around the world.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote