View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #32
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Religion also tells stories, but they are "historical", and are meant to be taken literally.
I think you're assuming quite a lot here. Many, many Christians, for example, do not remotely believe in Bible literalism. I realise there are a fair few sects, mostly in the USA, who subscribe to seven-day young-Earth Creationism, but in my country many Christians either laugh at those people or find them deeply embarrassing. And that's just within Christianity - I certainly know Pagans who don't take every story within their faith literally, and I'm sure the same applies in various other religions.

Religion is if you'll forgive me, a broad church. I think your decision to define it this narrowly is a misguided one.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote