View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koosh View Post
I can view the book in Calibre so I was really confused as well. I wouldn't be surprised if the fonts are not supported since the document I'm having trouble with wasn't created with the intention to be put on an e-reader. Nonetheless, I fixed it by reconverting it. So all's good!

Could you teach me more about reimporting the html from a document and convert from that instead? I believe that would produce a more "clean" conversion without any of those special fonts corrupting the conversion.
Happy to hear you got it fixed. For mobi/azw3 books I user a plugin called Mobi-unpack. You can find where all the other new Calibre plugins are listed in preferences. It basically unzips the books like you can do with a epub to a folder on your desktop. Inside you find the html file. You can use that to edit to your liking. I use Word to edit mine. You then just drag the html into calibre and convert to format of your choice.

I only do this when I need to pretty up a book. I own alot KDP books that need major fixing. Calibre also has in Look n Feel conversation tab a place to remove fonts, colors....etc. I keep those checked to get a good clean copy.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote