View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 05:58 AM   #88
Yoths
Enthusiast
Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: SONY PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoths View Post
After installing your modified EbookReader, some of my epubs couldn't be opened any more. I compared these epubs to those which work and found out that the *.opf and *.ncx files in the 'bad' epubs were saved as UTF-8 without BOM and using Unix line break style (LF only) and in the 'good' epubs - as UTF-8 with BOM and using Windows line break style (CR+LF). I re-saved the *.opf and *.ncx files of one 'bad' epub using the "right' format, and it could be opened well again.
Ok, I've found the problem. It has nothing to do with *.opf/*.ncx files and their format!
The modified EbookReader aborts openning an epub with the error 'Invalid page', if the font for that epub is set to another than 'Original' and there is no section <fonts> in the reader.xml (I commented it out to get SONYs original fonts set). If the section <fonts> is present, everything works well!
Yoths is offline   Reply With Quote