Thread: Firmware Update Help! When will Amazon update Kindle?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 10:28 PM   #7
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
No one has a clue what will be in a Kindle 3 -- there aren't even any very good rumours (lots of wishlists, few credible rumours).

There's some tweaking they could do to the Kindle 2 -- some already announced like better organization. They could also update how Whispernet works. Probably they could add a sans-serif font choice.

I don't see a new model till the fall, either. Maybe they'll add WiFi as a "freenet Whispernet option". Maybe extra capacity or rethink the keyboard. But short of goign with a full colour option (and it doesn't sound like production quantities of screen technology will be available yet) all they can really do, maybe, is a Kindle 2.5 and lower the price a bit.

But there I go ... starting rumours myself!
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote