View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 05:53 AM   #12
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralik View Post
Is the 16GB Nexus that hard to find, really? I picked one up a couple weeks ago at my local Walmart (walked right in) and they were also in stop in Staples. Just the time of year?
That is my question (or it was). I have been browsing the store sites - Walmart & Staples - and online there weren't any $199 N7s. So I assumed not in the stores either. Wrong? Maybe I'll phone the Staples and Walmart stores where I am going to be and see what they have in stock?

Perhaps someone here can tell me about the screen color fading over time that has been reported with the N7? I am deciding between the N7 and KFHD. Don't have either one, but have used both. The KFHD seemed to have a better screen quality and way better speakers IMHO. The KFHD UI is an issue, but it runs my required 5-6 utility apps and can play side-loaded media just fine. I don't read comics (but I do read some magazines) or play action games, so the latest-android-version and higher processing speed wouldn't really help me. But screen/speaker quality is critical for viewing movies. Availability of Prime and instant video don't help me either, although they might be an issue for others. These are not available on the Nexus (or other Android devices).

Reviews tend to favor the Nexus7 for the open Android system and processing speed. Plus you can use the Nexus Media Explorer to "dangle" flash storage off of an USB OTG cable (unrooted). This is why I wouldn't want to spend an extra $50 on the 32 GB version.

The reported screen-color-fading issue is still a N7 show-stopper for me since my primary use would be movie viewing. Anyone know anything about this?
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote