View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 04:31 PM   #19
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
I sympathise , but let's face it - you are in an endangered trade.
Amazon give away for free more e- books than I could ever hope to read, & faster than you could ever code; and as for authors - unless you are J.K. Rowling or lucky enough to write over-hyped trash like 50 shades... better keep the day job.

PS "the casual vacancy" is also overhyped trash, IMHO.

PPS - yours is not the only endangered trade. I play guitar - rather well IMHO - but my days of being paid for doing so are long gone. I do, OTOH, get a decent income from one-to-one tuition.
I'm quite certain that the logical connection between my "trade" being endangered and it being okay for people to rip me off eludes me. Does that mean it's okay for someone to steal your guitar, as you can't be paid for playing that any longer, as well?

Perhaps you can elucidate?

ETA: Let's just drop it, please. I'm not good at being okay with people stealing from me or my crew, no matter how well rationalized, justified or argued. It would be one thing if it was over the quality of the work, but it's not; it's over their ability to get away without consequences. So, respectfully, I'd like to drop it, thank you.

Hitch

Last edited by Hitch; 10-08-2012 at 07:10 PM. Reason: ETA: Would rather drop it.
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote