View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 04:35 PM   #10
RoninTech
Groupie
RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Nook Colour, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Nexus 7, Nexus 5, Pixel
Hi Kovid,

I have a python script working that gets the Amazon rating for every book in the Calibre DB via ISBN and then updates the meta information using this rating. I did this using the "show_metadata --as-opf" to get the original info and then updating it with "set_metadata". If I give a rating of 4, the book gets 2 stars. A rating of 8 gets 4 stars. Is this expected behaviour? The amazon rating is actually a float which I round to an int as thats what it looked like calibre was expecting. Are these the only acceptable values?:

0 - 0 stars
2 - 1 star
4 - 2 stars
6 - 3 stars
8 - 4 stars
10 - 5 stars

Also, I am adding a link to the Amazon review page in the dc:description field. This would show a hotlink to the books amazon review page when viewing the book info summary in stanza. Unfortunately the URL is not getting added when I do the set_metadata. Is html stripped from the opf file for this operation? The funny thing is that Pilotbob's post https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=286521&postcount=25 would suggest otherwise.

Cheers,
Crazy
RoninTech is offline   Reply With Quote