View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #1
snakeling
snakeling began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook TouchLux 2
Calibre and Cybook Frontlight

Hi!

Two days ago, I was merrily adding books to my Cybook with Calibre on Ubuntu, when I got an error message saying that the file system was read-only. I googled around, and found that I had to reformat my Cybook because the file system had become corrupted. Annoying, but hardly the end of the world, given that I have the entire library on my computer anyway.

So I formated the Cybook, turned it off and on again, and realised that the default folders hadn't been created. I googled some more, and apparently it's something you can't repair yourself and you have to turn in your reader to Bookeen. I opened a ticket with Bookeen, who confirmed that I needed to send back my reader.

I went to the shop where I'd bought it, exchanged it for a new one, and as soon as I got back home, started charging my library on it. Wouldn't you know? The exact same thing happened.

No way I'm doing exchanges every other day, so I decided to suck it up, put a 4Gb SD card in and started charging my library on that. I'm sure you can guess what just happened...

This time I thought to save the Calibre error message:
calibre, version 0.9.44
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

[Errno 30] Read-only file system: u'/media/snakeling/7BBC-B30B/metadata.calibre'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 477, in _books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/usbms/driver.py", line 246, in books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/usbms/driver.py", line 395, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/usbms/driver.py", line 391, in write_prefix
IOError: [Errno 30] Read-only file system: u'/media/snakeling/7BBC-B30B/metadata.calibre'

WTF is going on? I've had a Bookeen for a little over a year, and have used Calibre with it since December, and I've never had that problem before, much less three times in two days. I usually have to send the books in package of 10-15, otherwise I get input/output errors, but those, while annoying, are hardly as bad

If someone knows what to do, I'd be grateful

Thanks!
snakeling is offline   Reply With Quote