Thread: Glo Case for Glo
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 01:10 PM   #28
markino
Connoisseur
markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
This one is more book-like:

Amazon UK again, here. £4.99.

Again, the Glo slides in from the top, but no tuck-in flap or anything to secure it, which means that there is nothing in the way of the button/switch on the top, so that's good. Also, if anything, this one is even more of a snug fit than the other one, so even with nothing else holding it in, it's not going to come out unless, while utterly immersed in your book, you are hit by a truck while crossing the road. And even then, I'd say probably not. And no, I will not be testing this. On purpose, anyway.

Again, it has full access to the usb port on the bottom, but no access to the sd card slot.

The only real downside...

... as you can probably see from the next pic, is that this one is much tighter around the screen, so it could be tricky to touch the very edges of the screen (especially if you have larger fingers).

I may magnetise this one too, as a backup, depending on how it goes with the other case. Even together, both these cases cost less than the dodgy ebay one mentioned above.

Again, I would probably make this magnetic fastening (and cut the strap off). My old Touch case was perfect in this regard - just snapped shut with magnets, and personally I don't like the idea of a strap flapping about while I'm trying to read.

If anyone needs any further info on these, let me know...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kobocoverssmall08.jpg
Views:	1528
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	96552   Click image for larger version

Name:	kobocoverssmall09.jpg
Views:	1861
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	96553   Click image for larger version

Name:	kobocoverssmall10.jpg
Views:	1559
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	96554   Click image for larger version

Name:	kobocoverssmall12.jpg
Views:	1548
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	96555   Click image for larger version

Name:	kobocoverssmall13.jpg
Views:	1576
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	96556  

Last edited by markino; 11-20-2012 at 04:17 PM.
markino is offline   Reply With Quote