View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 10:39 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsmith View Post
The Sony Reader Library seems to store any books purchased from the Sony Store in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Books\Reader Library. However, if you choose to import a book from elsewhere on your computer, either because you already own it or downloaded it from another site, and then you import it to your library, the Reader Library does not create a copy of the book, but rather just creates a pointer to the current location. This results in your having books scattered all over your hard drive, even though in Reader Library they appear to be all in one place. If you later move the book to a different directory, Reader Library will not be able to find it. I would prefer to store my books in one location to ensure I don't accidentally delete or move one, but I don't see an option to specify a different default directory. Does anyone know if this can be changed?

Jim
Why not just use Windows Explorer to move your eBooks to where you want before adding them to Reader library's library? Then you won't have the problem you are talking about.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote