View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #257
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by emellaich View Post
Sorry, for such a basic question, but I'm still trying to educate myself on what plugboards do. I didn't see (understand?) this in the previous postings.

I want to be able to add the series name/number to my title in my Calibre collection. As I understand it, plugboards are only activated when you save to disk or send to device. Is there a way to select a batch of books, and apply a plugboard or template to change only those books in Calibre? Of course, I wouldn't want it reapplied then when I send it to device.

Any thoughts?
Bulk Metadata edit mode (2 or more titles selected) has 2 features that affect the selected Books:
1) the main tab, allows the selected fields to be made all the the same (value). It also provides some 'adjustments' to sorts, and other derived data. It can be dangerous: you can make every book (selected) have the SAME Author

2) Search and replace (tab). Here you can modify field contents. The rules depend on what field. Needles to say, it is complicated because it is extremely powerful (and extreme disasters can happen if you don't plan and use care). It has a WYSIWYG test area to view before you commit by pressing the button. OMG's happen. A FULL Library backup before use on a large number of books, is warranted so yo can replace the destruction with the good copy (this area can change internal folder and File names along with the Metadata, from which, only a full restore is the recovery)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote