View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 03:56 PM   #2
revfish
The Pastor of Disaster
revfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-650, Apple iPad 3 64GB Wifi
I just went and read the specs on the DX and some of the info is very misleading, if not outright wrong.

It says that the display is two and half times the size of the regular Kindle. Last time I checked, the Kindle had the 6" diagonal screen, just like the 505. Maybe my math skills are poor but I think if you multiply 6 by 2.5, you will get 15 not 9.7. It also misleads by saying there are over 275,000 books available. Then later it changes it to over 275,00 books, newspapers, magazines and blogs. We have read about how many of those books are multiple versions of the same book as well. I wonder how much more is inaccurate. It says that it holds "up to 3,500 books, periodicals, and documents". Are these full novels or separate docs that say Hi, or some such?

Inquiring minds want to know.
revfish is offline   Reply With Quote