View Single Post
Old 06-15-2014, 07:04 AM   #1
Iskariot
Zealot
Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950 Daily Edition, Kobo Aura HD
Copying books from calibre to SD card via card reader

When I connect my Kobo Aura HD it frequently loses connection with my PC. The device's drive letters show something like "no disk inserted".
This is very inconvenient when I am in the middle of copying large batches of books to my sd card as you can imagine.

1. REQUEST:
What I would like to be able to do is mounting the SD card via a card reader and have calibre recognize and treat that card as if it is in my Kobo.
That way I will be able to copy large batches of books to the card without stress and trouble; The books will be automatically converted into kepubs etc.

2. CONNECTION PROBLEM:
By the way if anybody knows why the Aura HD loses connection I would be very happy. I have no idea what is going on. I don't think I ever saw it lose connection when it was connected to the Kobo Desktop app. Could it be a calibre thing? Something else?
I already disable the sleep and power off settings when I connect the device to my PC. It makes no difference.
Iskariot is offline   Reply With Quote