View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 08:13 AM   #6
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Whee! I'm back after 3 days off-line, and got some nice answers.

@elibrarian, I am trying your code, and it works. and @theducks, thanks for the tweak (though in this case I don't want background on the top and bottom edges, I will use it another time for a different effect.)

Jellby, I hadn't thought about night mode. And maybe simple big white numbers would not be a bad fallback. But I am going to experiment with adding some white borders to a surrounding div (or borders to match the font color), so if the black bar disappears, the border could contain the numbers.

Thank you guys, for responding!

Last edited by GrannyGrump; 09-17-2013 at 08:15 AM.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote