View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #5
Thor
Thor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Thanks for the manual.

I tried it (with success!) and note some differences that I have. To prevent mixing with numbers from the first post I write a 0. for my steps:

0.1 First connect reader to PC and copy all content from internal and external sd cards to pc
0.2 Deinstall every app which is not original delivered (this must be restored after the repartitioning)
0.3 Deinstall Link2sd
0.4 Make a reboot to clean up everything
0.5 Get this file:
http://projects.mobileread.com/reade...ard-rescue.zip
0.6 extract it and exchange the update.img with the one linked by homeos in step 2 from his manual
0.7 copy folder "OS Firmware" to external sd card
0.8 If everything went well proceed with Step 3 from homeos manual (in my case there is no need to do a Factory Reset first!)

==========================
Corrections to instructions shown in first post:
18. mount /mnt/sd/mmcblk2p9.img in a temporal path (ex: /tmp/p2)
# mkdir /tmp/p2
# mount -o remount,rw /dev/mmcblk0p1 /initrd/mnt/sd
# mount -o loop /initrd/mnt/sd/mmcblk2p9.img /tmp/p2
==========================

After all you have to restore the content of the READER-partition (just connect the reader to the pc and copy the files from the backup you made in step 0.1.

If you have problems to enter the recovery mode in step 13 just stick a pen into the reset button and hold "Home"- and "Menu"-Buttons till the reader boots up in recovery mode and you are able to connect again via the pc.

Now I have only to delete the Link2SD-Partition on my external sd and then my Reader is clean.

Last edited by Thor; 02-27-2012 at 10:46 AM.
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote