View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #15
hard-boiled pat
The Night Was Moist
hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo,kindle,supernova, playbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
Don Quixote for me, too. I barely even got started. I just couldn't find anything to get hold of, so to speak. I do intend to try again one day.

Many years ago, when I was a poor student, I used to buy cheap out-of-copyright classics from discount bookstores, and I used to buy them by weight, essentially, to make sure my money stretched as far as possible. I distinctly remember turning down the slender pamphlet that was Heart of Darkness. I read War and Peace - excellent value - The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, The Three Musketeers, etc, and I think Don Quixote is the only one I still own.

They're all free ebooks nowadays. You kids don't know you're born.

Dune Messiah I have tried a couple of times, and failed to get anywhere with. I loved Dune, but this just seems to overcomplicate it.

I also failed The Two Towers at my first attempt, but managed it second time round. (I still think Fellowship is the best of the three.)
i liked the hobbitt and fellowship well enough but i really bogged down in the two towers.
hard-boiled pat is offline   Reply With Quote