View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #6
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
Not exactly an author, but a style of book for toddlers that went over well with my daughter was the ones that replace a word in each sentence with a small picture. Example would be a series of Scooby-doo books where it would read like: "Scooby saw a [picture of a sandwich] on the table." At an early age, the kids love to be able to add their two cents in and can call out the item as your finger gets to it while tracing the words. Also, as they progress, they pick up on actual printed words in the books.

For early readers, I would suggest the Junie B. Jones series by Barbara Park. As a good starter set for K to 3rd, they also seemed to keep a sentimental value for my daughter who had a hard time passing them along to younger cousins even after she stopped reading them routinely.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote