View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 05:57 PM   #14
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Not so certain of this but early last year the Australian government was keen to allow parallel importing of books into Australia (I assume that also meant ebooks as well).

There was a huge hue and cry campaign from the local author peak body demanding that the government stop the push and in the end the government did exactly that and dropped the concept. The push to loosen importation restrictions for books was backed by the bookshops, notably Dymocks IIRC.

I did not think much of it at the time, but now believe that this may be why (at least in part) that GR is applied to Aussie readers.

So authors can be just as much a issue when it comes to GR as well as the publishers. Certainly in this case anyway. It is a very short sighted and selfish view where the losers are the readers, once again.

Sorry fugazied, I did not read your post first!

Last edited by sabredog; 02-11-2010 at 05:59 PM.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote