View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 06:54 AM   #150
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Alpha version for Paperwhite

OK, so here we go:

first experimental version for Paperwhite users!

The installation is pretty much the same as for the Kindle Touch. The jailbreak and Kindlet Jailbreak installer have already been ported to the Paperwhite and can be downloaded from the "normal" links. And an installer for the developer certificates that should also be working for the Paperwhite is now available here.

Notes:
  • I do not own a Kindle Paperwhite, so I could NOT test this myself!
  • This definitely will not work on the Kindle Touch - but hopefully it will on the PW.
  • Search functionality is disabled. In order to make this work, I'll really need my own PW for testing.
  • The menu may, or may not, work correctly. Please report back.

As said, this version was essentially adapted to the PW "in thin air". I only have the firmware here to reverse engineer it, but I don't have the device to test it. But... well, at least it compiles for the PW now

So please try it out and report back about how it performs, and about what works and what doesn't. It could also be that the entire thing just crashes/hangs. In that case, please post here the output of "/mnt/us/developer/Collections Manager/work/crash.log"

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: Attachment removed; PW is now officially supported.

Last edited by ixtab; 10-09-2012 at 04:50 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote