View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 02:58 AM   #49
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
I do, I know several people with Kindles (2 just received them for Christmas), but the only owner of a non-Kindle reader that I know is my mother, who inherited my Astak when I got my Kindle a couple of months ago.
Before Christmas, I knew four people (including myself) that own Kindles, and one that owns another brand of e-reader (a Sony). The person that owns the Sony is also the only person I know that owns an iPad. I don't know if anyone I know got an e-reader for Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
Regarding the inference that all (or at least most) Kindle owners are guilty of "lazy researching and sheep mentality", I'm sure that may be true of some, but contrary to what some people around here seem to believe, I think there are a lot more people out there who do their research and make an educated choice. Every Kindle owner that I know (4 including myself) did. Maybe I hang out with a more intelligent and/or cautious group of people than average (I don't think so, but maybe), but most of the people I know aren't going to drop over $100 on a gadget without doing a little research first to make sure they're getting the one that will work best for them.
That was certainly true of me. I was looking to buy an Android tablet, but after looking around and finding out what I could about the various options, decided that a Kindle was a better choice. I can't justify spending upwards of £100 without at least trying to make sure that I haven't wasted my money.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote