View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 06:08 AM   #31
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Bulk metadata edit does this now it allows the renaming of a large series quickly by just selecting the series in order before opening the metadata edit window.
Yeah I deliberately stayed away from mentioning the bulk metadata screen to edit series. I don't use it often enough to ever remember the right combination of settings to get it to do what I want, and inevitably end up with the series not starting at the number I want or other undesired behaviour. Also relying on the order of selection isn't exactly the most user friendly way to approach ordering since you have no visual feedback on what order it thinks you have. The .1 issue also kills it as a possibility for me too as I use that quite a lot for related short stories to a series.
Quote:
I also think the rest of your ideas sound good.
Thanks for the encouragement to you and ElizabethN. I'll let it percolate a while longer before I rush into it. In a perfect world some sort of web page scraping from FantasticFiction in conjunction available from this dialog could make it even more useful, but it's all just random ideas at this point to see if they appeal enough to others to justify the dev effort...
kiwidude is online now   Reply With Quote