View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 09:42 AM   #1
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Copyright Laws Threaten Our Online Freedom

There is nothing really new in this article, and yes, I know, copyright issues have been covered here on Mobileread quite often already, but the article was published in the Financial Times and is one of the news items listed on the DrudgeReport today, so I thought I'd mention it.

The article is titled Copyright Laws Threaten Our Online Freedom and was written by Christian Engström

It starts out --

Quote:
If you search for Elvis Presley in Wikipedia, you will find a lot of text and a few pictures that have been cleared for distribution. But you will find no music and no film clips, due to copyright restrictions. What we think of as our common cultural heritage is not “ours” at all.
and a particularly salient point within the article was the following --

Quote:
Whenever there are ways of communicating in private, they will be used to share copyrighted material. If you want to stop people doing this, you must remove the right to communicate in private. There is no other option. Society has to make a choice.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote