Thread: Seriousness Advice: MP3 player
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 10:37 AM   #1
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Advice: MP3 player

Hi all,

I've been looking for an MP3 player, and I can't find what I want (but at the moment I'm just looking, I'm probably not buying anyway).

I don't want a portable-sleek-video-touch-gadget, I want something for home use, and that can read music files from an external USB drive, and that does not need to be connected to a TV or monitor for operation. My idea would some kind of "separate" as used with hi-fi systems, or like a car stereo, but with good options for playing and selecting songs, albums, etc. from a music library stored in an external drive. With "good options" I mean I can choose an album, or several artists, or whatever and have the songs play sequentially, randomly, etc. and, my favourite, play a random album.

I don't know if such a thing exists, but my main problem is that I don't know how to search it. I'm beginning to think I would need to get a cheap netbook for this.

So, do you know of something similar to what I'm looking for? Some place to have a look? Search terms appropriate for this?

Thanks
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote