View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 03:26 AM   #8
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
I doubt that you will find it, and you shouldn't. Using a new, made-up word (that usage is "made up" in English even if it does happen to be valid in French) that will need to be explained after using when there already is a widely used, perfectly acceptable, easy to understand term is called bad journalism. One writes to communicate with their audience, not to confuse them. Any halfway decent copy editor would tell them to change it.

"Never use a big word when a diminutive one would suffice."
-- by unknown
If we had to follow the rules of so-called journalism the English language would only be fit for teenagers and people who wear lobster bibs at the breakfast table. I'll use whatever words I like in whatever fashion I see fit in whatever context I deem necessary. Liseuse is a perfectly cromulant word in my book and I'm not giving it up because it's too hard for some people to learn something odd or different. Sod those people. Let them eat nouns!

Liseuse or death!!