View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 03:11 PM   #6
andrewburt
Science Fiction Writer
andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: several
Hi, Kovid, a followup question to this... I'm using --remove-paragraph-spacing-indent-size=1 along with --remove-paragraph-spacing, and like the results for 99% of the paragraphs.

There are a select few paragraphs for which I'd like to adjust the text-indent to 0 (such as, say, start of chapter or after a scene break).

I've tried an extra-css file with (variations on)
.LeftJust { text-indent: 0; }
and while the LeftJust class does appear in the resulting .epub, and the paragraph is marked as class=LeftJust, the actual code above keeps getting altered to "text-indent: 1em". (Presumably from the --remove-paragraph-spacing-indent-size=1 setting.) I tried adding an "!important" but to no avail.

Is there any way to get this to work? E.g., any way to use extra-css to over-override --remove-paragraph-spacing-indent-size=1 for select cases? Or have it not alter the text-indent in certain classes? Like a --remove-paragraph-spacing-IGNORE-CLASS=LeftJust option? Or, maybe, --extra-css-VERBATIM=... ???

Thanks!
andrewburt is offline   Reply With Quote