View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 03:25 AM   #135
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
[...]Hope everyone is writing hard and your goals are either completed or progressing well!
Well done, Kenny. It must feel good to have some completed items under your belt.

I've done nothing more towards publishing my second novel - it still needs work (cover, editing, blurb etc.), but been concentrating on writing my third, which has grown to almost 150,000 words so far. That's over 90k this year but all first draft stuff, lots of clean up needed yet. I've had a few nights where it all comes together (over 3500 words one night recently - it was a buzz!) but I've also had many nights sitting here getting nowhere.

Sadly my hopes for my blog have fallen short. Too many other things on my mind to have room for what I wanted to put on there. Maybe when this third novel is out of my system I will find more time for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discopig View Post
The only goal I have in 2013 is about the same I've had for the past few years: Write at least a three short (about 4000 words each is the norm for my stories) novels.
Your post put me in mind of the Paul Kelly song: "From Little Things Big Things Grow". Not sure if it was the idea of short stories or the piglet in the avatar - it's so cute. Best of luck.