View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #6
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
You have to clicked the "Go Advanced" button in edit mode before the "Manage Attachments" button will show.

And on forensic images and such, MobileRead forbids linking directly to OFFSITE copies of such files. Even though amazon techs gave me (verbal) permission to distribute firmware images with my debricking package for "repair" purposes, the "simple debricking" first post uses multiple levels of redirection in the pastebin page (and NO clickable links, just for extra protection), to comply with MobileRead forum rules.

I am disappointed that the amazon legal staff did not provide the WRITTEN permission that I had requestion (all I got was a "we'll get back to you on that"). As I mentioned elsewhere, amazon DOES know these images are used to debrick kindles using information posted in this forum, but as long as we do more good than harm with them, amazon has been "flexible" on this thorny issue. One more reason why we consider amazon to be "the good guys".
Like I told knc1 if this gets some more use then I will make a new version with more stuff and upload it here but this will most likely get lost. By the way, at least amazon lets you do stuff like this (for the most part...) If you look nintendo and their hacking community it's really, really bad. (Of course I'm sure their is more piracy on video game consoles than on ereaders.) While I'm glad I got my kindle because I'm learning something new everyday.
Titano is offline   Reply With Quote