View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 01:45 PM   #12236
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Just finished WWW: Wonder, book 3 of the WWW Trilogy by Robert J Sawyer.

Spoiler:
This is the story of an emergent AI that forms on the WWW. It is ushered by a blind girl who gains sight through technology. In gaining this site she initially is able to "see" the WWW. This is when she discovers the emergent AI, or perhaps it discovers her.

I'd certainly recommend the trilogy. It is a good story line and well paced. While that said, I don't think I'm as head over heals with it as Tom is/was. While there is some tension in the book, it is mild and too easily overcome by the protagonists.

3.5 Stars out of 5 overall for the series.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote