View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 04:32 PM   #30
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
I've been looking for something like this since I first obtained my Kindle. I previously had a library card from another state and they had a fair selection of ebooks that I could download. Currently, my local library has zero ebooks.

If I happened to live in New York, I could get a library card and have access to over 13000 ebooks. Cleveland has a similar number. Other libraries have less, often none at all. It's a shame that I get nothing because I live in a particular area.

A universal ebook lending library would be very interesting to me. Overdrive does this for existing libraries:
http://www.overdrive.com/products/library.asp

Patrons would have to pay to support the system somehow. Maybe members could buy an ebook through the library as a proxy, automatically take it out for loan, then when the lending period expires, the library would own it and the donator would receive credit for X number of new check-outs. Or maybe just a flat rate for X number of check-outs similar to the Netflix model.

Overall I think it's a good idea.
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote