View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 03:51 PM   #191
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Jo, I don't know if you read back to where I went through this, but I dumped DirecTV and bought a laptop and Happauge usb tuner and now use that to record over the air (news and science and other) shows. Works almost as well as DirecTV for local programming.

I do have an outside antenna on my roof.

I've never tried an indoor antenna.
Kenny,

Can you explain the basic setup, please? I have a bunch of computers at home to use for that, even a Mac.

I'm not sure I need the recording capabilities you have though, but short term, the indoor antenna will keep the "boss" happy I think.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote