View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 04:39 AM   #6
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
These readers were designed for casual reading and not use as a huge library of reference material. They simply do not have the processor speed nor the firmware to adequately handle that task.

I agree with this.

On my 600 and even my 505, I had frequent lockups while using an SD card with over 2000 books. I finally came to the realization that keeping that many books instantly accessible wasn't realistic.

Now I keep the bulk of my library on my comuter, and I load less than 1000 books on the device, and it works well.

I've also noticed that books with DRM tend to slow down the device more than DRM-free books, but that's strictly anecdotal and I didn't do a thorough study of it.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote