View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 07:44 AM   #21
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by rblover View Post
boswd - Do you NEED to visit the library to get a copy of War Of The Worlds, or Moby Dick? Not really. Such classics are available for free, or nearly free, at The Kindle Store on Amazon. Since that is most of what I will be reading-classics-I can get by nicely with a Kindle 3. A pal of mine prefers reading recent best sellers-the latest Stephen King, etc. He prefers the library for such, so he would be better off with a Nook, which I understand can download from libraries, while-I'm told-the Kindle doesn't. So...if I am wrong in this, where, and how, have I erred, and what are the facts?

the reasson for my "say what" is BN has soo many great classics available for free or basically Free for .99. In fact this summer they have been running a Free Classics download special. Let alone the vast majority that are out there on Google and other sites. These are great classics that have been cleaned up, have editors notes and annotations, proof read etc.

BN is kind of know for their classics. You should check it out

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/ebooks...linkid=1591650

and there are alot more not listed in this particualr catagory. and what's great about BN classics is the fact they are cleaned up etc. They're really nice.

there was a thread on them in general discussion and Freebies

Last edited by boswd; 08-13-2010 at 12:41 PM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote