View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 06:38 AM   #8
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Arrow Let them Go..... It feels good

As a former Pbook hoarder, I understand the possessiveness that one has for one's books. Fortunately, Travel and living in 4 countries for the last ten years has helped me purge that feeling. They're were just too many books to justify moving them around. So, I gave all of mine a way to second hand shops and friends.

Since that time, I always give my pbooks away to friends and it feels good. To give a good book to another is a great way to share experience/knowledge. Now, that I am an ebook addict, I am finding many books that I had owned years ago on mobile read and gutenburg to name two.

So, If you really want to convert give all your pbooks away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieScratch View Post
I would like to really reduce my number of pbooks, but I don't think I'll ever be rid of them entirely (nor do I want to be). I'm starting with downloading Gutenberg texts and formatting them nicely for Mobipocket, or finding free nicely formatted files elsewhere (like the MobileRead databases). That will clear out three or four shelves on its own. After that, I'll see where things stand. I am hanging on hopefully to the idea that the Kindle will increase the likelihood of backlist books being digitized commercially, and in many cases I'll happily rebuy for a reasonable price (say, the price of a mass market paperback, or a little less--in many cases, I would have to replace falling-apart paperback versions anyway).
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote