View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 04:11 PM   #14
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Result:

I picked #4, and added 2 tweaks: one that combines collections and another that creates new search terms grouping existing ones.

Example:
- Assume custom fields #myseries and mybool.
- Assume two books:
1. Title: Title1, Series: foo[1], #read: Yes, #myseries: bar[2]
2. Title: Title2, Series: bar[1], #read: Undefined, #myseries: mumble[1]
- Assume device customization 'make collections from': series, #mybool, #myseries
- Assume Metadata Management=Automatic
- Assume column headings #read:'Read' and #myseries:'My Series'

Default case (no tweaks set):
Collections on device:
- 'foo' contains Title1
- 'bar' (contains Title2
- 'bar (My Series)' contains Title1
- 'mumble (My Series)' contains Title2
- 'Yes (Read)' contains Title1

Case with tweak set merging series and #myseries collections:
- 'foo' (contains Title1)
- 'bar' (contains Title2 and Title1)
- 'mumble' (contains Title2)

Case with tweak merging series and #myseries, renaming the collection source to 'Zap':
- 'foo (Zap)' (contains Title1)
- 'bar (Zap)' (contains Title2 and Title1)
- 'mumble (Zap)' (contains Title2)

In addition, I added a tweak to create new search terms that search multiple existing categories. This permits creating a search term that in the above example would search both 'series' and '#myseries'. For example, the tweak
"'myseries':['series', '#myseries']" creates a search term 'myseries'. Searching for 'myseries:bar' will find both Title1 and Title2.

The search term tweak will appear in the next calibre release. The custom field collections stuff will be in a beta that will come out in a week or so.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote