View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 12:31 PM   #12
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iRex iLiad v1, Blackberry Tour, Kindle DX, iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by templario View Post
What about converting ebooks from pdf to epub with calibre?
I've tried converting ebooks from pdf to epub using Calibre. My experience (YMMV) was that it basically produces whatever is in the "background text". So for example, if you just select the whole PDF in Acrobat and copy-paste it into Word, what you see there is pretty similar to what you'll get from Calibre. Equations, graphics, etc. don't get transferred at all. Text gets transferred but line breaks can end up mangled. A PDF that consists of scanned images won't work at all.

Generally, I think Calibre does a decent job with simple pdfs, but it has few advanced features.
jharker is offline   Reply With Quote