View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 10:13 PM   #6
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
Well, you could sign up to be an iPad developer ($99/yr) and get the development tools, then use the iPad simulator to run iBooks, test it in there. I think. I haven't tried this myself, my Mac development system is at home, and I'm not.

Actually, I re-read your question. You can drag-and-drop any non-DRM epub file into iTunes and sync up your iPad and the book will be in the iBooks application.

I had thought you asked if there was a way to test on a Mac without an iPad at all. No. There is no iBook application from Apple for the Mac (or the PC).

The iPad simulator does not have iBooks, so that won't work. My best guess if you don't want to own one is to wait until iBooks offers itself as an app that can open attachments, find out what email account the stores have set up on their iPad, and then mail your book to that address.

For now, I can think of no other options that don't involve buying one or finding a friend that has one and having him let you install readMe or Bookshelf.
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote