Thread: PRS-600 prs-600 notes to printing
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 02:17 PM   #58
stevepowell99
stevepowell99 began at the beginning.

Device: sony 600 touch
where are the jaj files?

This sounds perfect, kudos.
I installed it on ubuntu karmic, just need to install python-pypdf first.
went to the directory where the script was, ran the script, made my selection, great!
Any way of exporting them all or do you have to select one by one?
Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravidavi View Post
Hey all,

I just got the 600, and much to my dismay handwritten notes on PDF documents can't be easily sync'd to my Mac! So after much searching I found this thread, which has been invaluable thanks to cedric. I finally got everything working on my Mac running OSX 10.5.8 (and hence should work on 10.6 too).

First off, you need to get pyPdf from http://mac.softpedia.com/progDownloa...oad-45619.html. Extract the zip file, and using Terminal go into the pyPdf-1.12 folder. Run the command "python setup.py install" and pyPdf will be installed on your computer. Now you can delete the downloaded and extracted files/folders.

Second, get cedric's annot.py script. TO CEDRIC: when running this script, I got the error "Exception: file has not been decrypted." Apparently on the Mac, the annotation file appears to be encrypted. So as a fix I added the following code after line 191:
Code:
if infile.getIsEncrypted() == True:
    infile.decrypt('')
This should work on all platforms since it first checks whether nullstring decryption is necessary or not.

Finally, run the script. Assuming your reader is connected, there should be 2 disks that show up on your desktop: LAUNCHER (contains the sony library installer) and Untitled (contains books and annotations). So in terminal, go to where you have the script saved, and type "./annot.py /Volumes/Untitled". Hopefully everything works, and you get the main menu which gives you a list of all the annotations. Choose the one you want and you should get a .jaj file (in the same directory as the script I think) that you can open up with Jarnal.

The only issue I have is, my annotations aren't quite lined up correctly in Jarnal, and they show up as red instead of black. Anyone know of a simple fix to this?

Thanks again for all your work!
Ravi
stevepowell99 is offline   Reply With Quote