View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 04:36 PM   #178
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
But, WHY? Doesn't it make sense to you? You didn't explain that. Why should the first nomination of a book be any different than a second or third?
Yes, because it doesn't make sense to me. Suggesting a book is not the same as supporting - or, seconding or thirding - a suggested book. It's two completely different actions in thought and deed - at least it is to me. I don't know how to explain it better. Putting something up for vote is different from voting for it.

Added: I really don't know how to explain it better, except: Putting something up for vote is different from voting for it. It's two different things and two different roles you put on to do these things. I hope I make sense.

In any case, so far it has confused me, and I've had the impression, by following the example of others, that I had more than three in total of both nominations as well as supporting nominations of nominated books.

It's probably a fine number, but a number of us seem to be confused, perhaps we should either look at changng the rules or perhaps at least changing the way of communicating those rules.

Last edited by Ea; 01-22-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote