View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 04:25 PM   #174
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
So it's three in all total? It just doesn't make sense -to me - that 'nomination' means both suggesting a book and supporting it.

I'm a rules supporting person - unless the rules seem very restricting or prohibitive of the end result. They do seem here to be, to me. But rules are rules, and I do like to follow them, but now you say it's okay not to. So what are we going to do? If you've waived the rules often, so far, probably they did not fit reality. Perhaps we ought to change them.
I have no problem changing them. as I said, it wasn't strict... I was just trying to keep people from seconding every book mentioned.

But, WHY? Doesn't it make sense to you? You didn't explain that. Why should the first nomination of a book be any different than a second or third?

I would still like to stick with something simple... you have X nominations total... whether it is a first/second/third for that book. I am flexible as to what X should be though... if people don't think 3 is enough.

I also think, as the number of participants grow giving out to many per person would lessen the chance of everyone getting one of their nominations on the list...

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote