View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 07:45 AM   #301
EndlessWaves
Zealot
EndlessWaves juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseEndlessWaves juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseEndlessWaves juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseEndlessWaves juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseEndlessWaves juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseEndlessWaves juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseEndlessWaves juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseEndlessWaves juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseEndlessWaves juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseEndlessWaves juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseEndlessWaves juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I received my cheapy ultra-thin case yesterday, bought from itech-coodio on Amazon UK. Here are my thoughts:

Firstly, I'd echo the quality control issues mentioned by other owners. Mine came with a few pinhead sized spots of dirt on the cover (which cleaned off) and a scratch on the metal bit (which hasn't). The fit is only just good enough, although mine is a little loose rather than a little tight. It is good enough and does hold the reader, but it does creak and shift about some (about the same amount of creaking as the casing of the Aura HD in fact).

Secondly I went for brown and it was a slightly different brown than I was expecting. The Primecases pictures are the closest (on my admittedly uncalibrated screen) but there's less red in it. I'd describe it as a chestnut brown.

Thirdly, I'd like to point out that the bit on the back that looks flat in the images is actually curved inwards slightly.

Usability-wise I bought it for a better grip. Having used it for a few hours it's definitely an improvement but had I been able to try it beforehand I think I'd have gone for case that covered the front surface too. The textured back helps hold the device vertically when reading sitting up but it's still a little hard to grip when tilting it back towards you when laying down - although that may partly also be due to the narrowness of the Aura HD's frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimosavj View Post
So, does anyone actually own a Mulbess Sleepcover? Are they genuine leather (hence the price)?
A quick search does suggest that other 'genuine leather' cases they're selling are being stated by reviewers to be imitation leather. If they're honest other than that then I'd suspect you're paying the extra for the custom branding and potentially a better level of quality control - although I'd be more inclined to go for the Gecko version if you want that.
EndlessWaves is offline   Reply With Quote