View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 08:43 PM   #36
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
I followed this thread with some interest, wondering how long you would follow this tricky path.

I have been a Linux user for some years now (2006) and I keep using it (I also use Virtualbox from my Linux to host an XP using FineReader11). I cannot imagine coming back to Windows as my main system. You have tried to learn Linux quickly with a professional pressure. I think this is the worst-case scenario. I would have hated -and feared- to do it this way.

I am quite satisfied with odt format, OpenOffice or LibreOffice, and now the calibre Editor (to replace Sigil) not to speak of many other tools you may find.

Don't throw it away now. Keep one Linux on the side, like a hobby, tweaking it gently, solving questions, one by one. Breathe. Take your time. Learn first how to save (or clone) a partition. Ultimately, because you are just asking for very simple tasks, I'm sure you'll be rewarded.

Last edited by roger64; 03-29-2014 at 09:04 PM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote