View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 12:23 PM   #1172
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
There's something funky with the html of most of this story that causes it to not parse correctly. I'll have to do some research into it to figure it, but it should be fixable--just more than I want to start on tonight yet. Hopefully tomorrow.
I found a way around the HTML issue (several sites have similar HTML issues).

That revealed that a) restrictedsection.org wasn't happy about being hit quite that fast and b) FFDL wasn't handling the "Unable to connect to the database" errors well.

I have addressed those issues in the attached version, too. It will a bit slower downloading restrictedsection.org stories now, but that's better than swamping their server.

Give it a try and let me know if it solves your problem.

UPDATE: Remove obsolete beta versions Feb 04 2013

Last edited by JimmXinu; 02-04-2013 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions