View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 06:25 AM   #43
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
I've enjoyed reading everyone's contributions and have read a number of the authors mentioned.

Add me to the lovers of Amelia Peabody as well!!! I went to Egypt some years after I had finished reading Peter's Amelia novels, and it truly amazed me how much of the descriptions of the Egyptian landscape had etched its way into my sub-conscious.

I stood at Luxor and knew that the hills opposite were the Theban Hills, I automatically knew where Deir el Bari was when we were some miles from it, and aspects of the valley of the Kings. Likewise with various landscapes at Giza and along the Nile.

My family thought I must have studied maps of the areas because I could point things out to them and they were stunned that I knew what I knew, lol!!

And so was I stunned that I knew all this!!
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote